Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hold Fast To The Rock. by Leona I. Miller

Troubles sometimes overwhelm me,

I could so easily fall into despair;

Then I think of Jesus and Calvary,

Through it all, I am able to bear.



I must always hold fast to the Rock,

The Rock that is Higher than I;

Jesus stands at my heart to knock,

If I let Him in ~ all tears He will dry.



In holding on to the Solid Rock,

Man cannot dis-lodge me ~

nor ocean's high tide;

As a shell grips the wet,

moss-covered rock,

I'll live close to God ~

in Him to abide.



Then ~ when troubles in life arise,

I may be tempted to give-in and let-go;

But that would not be at all wise,

I can overcome, holding fast to the Rock.



That Rock ~ the Solid Rock ~ is Jesus,

His Perfect Love casts out all fear;

There is none other ~ there's only Jesus,

I am thankful He is always near.

No comments:

Post a Comment