Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Light In The Window. by Leona I. Miller

The road is never weary nor long,

When going to the home of a friend;

Whispering a prayer and in my heart a song,

I'll soon be there ~ it's just around the bend.



When with a friend, time swiftly passes away,

It's soon time for the return to home;

I'm blessed as I take a moment to pray,

Thankful for memories as friendship has grown.



With a light in the window just ahead,

I walk slowly and continue on;

The sunsets glow of yellow, gray and red,

Keeps me watching 'til the colors are gone.



Slowly ~ the shadows of evening have grown,

Still, I keep watch on the glow ahead;

The light in the window leads me home,

I am blessed and my soul is fed.



There's a need for moments as this,

Moments to meditate and pray;

Earths beauty ~ I don't want to miss,

I'm preparing now, for Eternal Day.



There's never a lonely moment in life,

With a light in the window just ahead;

God will free us from all strife,

He is with us, just as He has said.



Leave the light on ~ in a window,

For someone who may be passing-by;

They'll not be alone and love will kindle,

Remembering a loving God is always nigh.



There's a mansion prepared in the sky,

A beautiful place in Heaven of our own;

I trust to be a light for others, in God's Eye,

As a light in the window that leads to Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment